Hey, I'm Mel!
In 2015 I left my job in London to chase sunsets in Southeast Asia.
And you know what?
It's Been The Best Decision I've Ever Made.
Lately, a number of things have made me realise that...
Life Is Short. Really Bloody Short.
And I want to make the most of it.
Currently, I'm working as a freelance photo-journalist in Manila.
It's a career that continues to enable my love for travel.
In my past 12 months of living in the Philippines, I have...
- Cried a lot. (As in, ridiculous amounts.)
- Suffered terrible homesickness.
- Struggled with my cultural identity.
- Had an unsuccessful long distance relationship.
- Become best friends with Netflix.
- Become extremely broke.
But in the past 12 months, I have also...
- Fallen in love with my home country.
- Learned to speak Tagalog.
- Become an advanced scuba diver.
- Founded a film magazine.
- Hosted a film festival.
- Started surfing.
- Made lifelong friends.
- Become incredibly independent.
And most importantly...
learned how to LIVE.
So, in essence, this blog is my journal.
Of travel experiences, illuminations, and human connections.
Take a look at my recent stories:
Or read some recent thoughts:
You can sign up to my newsletter for more travel tales:
And who knows?
One day, maybe we'll take a trip together :)